10 Sep 7 tips for playing safe in the sun
Posted at 01:46h in Skin Tips
7 tips for playing safe in the sun
We all love the warm felling we get when summer creeps in. We shed the layers and open up the windows! Below are tips to enjoying the sun and the vitamin D without harming our largest organ.
1. Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before sun exposure and reapply every 2 hours.
2. Use a mineral powder sunscreen to reapply to your face if you’re wearing makeup.
3. Always wear a hat and glasses that have UV protection.
4. Be aware of the the UV index(ultraviolet index) and what number it is at:
0.0-2.9 is considered “low”
3.0-5.9 is considered “moderate”
6.0-7.9 is considered “high”
8.0-10.9 is considered “very high”
11+ is considered “Extreme”
This information is available on weather apps. You can also look at the shadows. If you’re standing and your shadow is taller that could mean a lower UV, if your shadow is shorter that could mean the UV is at a higher number.
5. Always hydrate yourself and find shade if possible.
6. If you do get burned then take cool showers not too hot and not too cold.
7. Treat with Aloe, Oats, and Lavender all great for after sun care, even if you’re not sunburned.